It’s officially spooky season, and what better way to spend a cozy Fall evening than cuddled up close to your significant other while watching something scary. But if you’re on a first date, selecting a scary movie can be somewhat tricky since people’s preferences for horror vary widely. It’s important to consider your date’s comfort level with horror films and whether they enjoy the genre. If you’re both up for it and want a spooky experience, here are our favorite options that strike a delicate balance between thrills and chills without being overly intense or disturbing:
- “Get Out” (2017): A psychological horror-thriller that delves into social commentary, making it a great conversation starter after the movie.
- “Coraline” (2009): An animated film that blends fantasy and horror, suitable for those who enjoy a touch of eeriness without excessive scares.
- “The Cabin in the Woods” (2012): This movie combines horror with humor and clever twists, offering a unique take on the genre.
- “Shaun of the Dead” (2004): A horror-comedy that’s light on scares but heavy on laughs, perfect for breaking the ice.
- “The Others” (2001): A supernatural mystery with suspenseful elements that keeps viewers engaged without being overly terrifying.
- “A Quiet Place” (2018): A suspenseful thriller with a unique premise that could lead to interesting discussions post-movie.
- “ParaNorman” (2012): Another animated film with a spooky but family-friendly vibe, suitable for a more lighthearted experience.
- “Warm Bodies” (2013): A romantic comedy with a zombie twist, providing a mix of humor and light horror.
- “The Nightmare Before Christmas” (1993): A beloved animated film that combines Halloween and Christmas themes, making it a great choice for a seasonal date.
- “Ghostbusters” (1984): A classic that combines comedy and supernatural elements, offering a fun and nostalgic experience.
Remember to communicate with your date beforehand about their comfort level with horror and their movie preferences in general. It’s always a good idea to have a backup option in case your date isn’t feeling the scary movie choice (Romcom’s are always a crowd pleaser no matter what time of year it is!). Ultimately, the goal is to have an enjoyable and memorable time together to see if there’s a spark, so make sure to choose a movie that both of you can enjoy.
Dating Doesn’t Have To Be Scary.
Prefer to take the worry out of the first date altogether? Turn to the professional matchmakers at It’s Just Lunch to handle all of the details for you. They use intuition and your preferences, not algorithms, to curate high-quality matches and arrange fun first dates for singles worldwide. For over 32 years, they’ve set up more than two million first dates and counting. Stop getting ghosted and get in touch with a matchmaker to learn more.
As the autumn breeze sweeps through the Bay Area, San Francisco invites singles to celebrate the season of gratitude with a unique blend of coastal
Mindful Tips for Introducing A New Partner Around The Holidays
It’s officially spooky season, and what better way to spend a cozy Fall evening than cuddled up close to your significant other while watching some